As I recall, there is a 12" square replica WOLF patch made by Supply Corporation.

If you used that, and had a seamstress do the rest, you probably could make a Pack Flag.

That said, if your unit was to have a seamstress create a trademarked patch, you'd be in violation of BSA trademarks. While 1 flag won't send the lawyers from Irving, if Mrs Smith the seamstress were to start doing many of them...

From my experience, National Supply isn't bad on pricing unit flags. Is there a reason you want one privately made?

If cost is an issue, it is normally because the price of the letters really adds up. When we needed a new Pack Flag, one of my parents came up with a great idea. She said, "Why don't we ask everyone to buy a letter?"

It really worked out well. I created a sample flag on poster board with letters that could be removed. When someone wanted to buy a letter, we took it off the poster and gave it to them. When they were all gone, presto! One paid for flag (minus the cost of the actual flag, of course).

Looking back, the only thing I would change is to somehow have the scouts earn the money to but THEIR letter. I just remember it was such a great idea at the time, we jumped in.

Each character is $2.79, punctuation marks $1.49.

The only lettering required to be on a unit flag is the unit type, number, city and state. The CO's name and council are optional.

So Pack 73 of Rochester, OH, would have to pay less than $50 for the basic lettering. Not a gigantic cost, and you can always ask the CO for startup funds (especially if it wants its name proudly emblazoned!).

Our tiny pack's flag has homemade letters that just say "PACK XX", without a city. It has a commercially made "CUBS BSA" logo in the middle. So at least at one time, the logos were available for homemade flags, and the flag police didnt care if the city wasnt on it.

I did a little searching, and the "CUBS BSA" logo on our pack flag was superseded with a new style in 1948, so it was made before then, and things may have changed since our flag was made.

John-in-KC,

We use it for the really big events den meetings and pack meetings. The way this pack has been struggling, its a big achievement that den and pack meetings are still happening. Over the last 10 years, its come within a hairs breadth of not rechartering about 4 times.

The flag is a little worn in spots, but it's got character. And the pack is threadbare too.

national won't sell you just letters. So you either A) Have to buy a new flag, or B) Keep it as is.

The summer camp is changing their name from CAMP BONNER to Camp Boddie effective 1 January. MANY are not happy with this decision, including the crew affiliated with the summer camp. I believe they will not be getting a new flag, but are instead keeping the old one with CAMP BONNER written on it.

John-in KC,

As to your earlier post about why needing one made, I am not sure if I have too in order to get a pack flag for our pack?

We need to get a couple for our flag cermonies, which the American one is not a problem. I went to our scout shop here all they had was little desk type, told us we would have to custom order 1 and it was pricey and took 6-8 weeks.

We are just now getting things going with our pack, and funds at this point is VERY, VERY low.I was just seeing if any body knew if we could make our own or?? Was kind of thinking like something you mentioned, we could by a emblem at our scout shop and have it sewn on material, the emblem is not the same color as the pack flags but still looks the same. I can not see how we could up with $150 or more for a flag when we have less than $50 in our account. Thanks