Looking for a specific skit

Hi All!

I had seen a skit one time previously that could be adapted to however many boys you had in your den. I'm sure they called it the Yellow Bandana Skit, HOWEVER, the one I keep finding online is NOT the one I saw! I have a total of 7 boys in my den, however, until football season is complete, there are only 3 showing up....

The Yellow Bandana skit I find online is for a "magician" and a "stooge" but that leaves nothing for my third scout to do. The Yellow Bandana Skit I saw was a "leader" showing the boys what to could be done with a yellow bandana (or just bandana). Things included using it as a sling, a head cover, etc. A "scout" comes in late to the demonstration and apologizes for being late. The leader says, "it's ok, get out your bandana and stand back there to learn the things you can do with it" The boy then gets his BANANA out and starts doing the things the leader tells him to do....

Problem is, I can't remember all the things he told them to do and I remember that at the end he used it as a head cover, after the boy had mashed his banana up.

Anybody know this skit? Can you help me "make-up" this skit if it doesn't exist online somewhere????

BTW----I seen it at a WeBeLoS summer camp program, so if there is somebody out there in my area that knows what I'm talking about I would appreciate your help! :)

Thanks!

I appreciate all your help!

YIS

Angela

Pack 816

Taylor, MI

ScoutMomAng,

Greetings!

There are probably a few variations of this skit. The most common one I've seen only takes two characters.

Here is what I've usually seen.

Usually the two characters are on a long distance telephone with static (yeah I guess that's old) or maybe a cell phone now with bad reception coverage.

A Scouting buddy has written a book, 101 Things To Do With A Bandana, during his break time between Merit Badge Sessions. He is excited about writing the new book that he wants to sell in the trading post and wants his friend to review the book and critique the methods.

The two characters are yelling into their phones due to bad reception and the second "stooge" is slowly apprehensive about trying everything out, but gives it a try anyhow.

First you open the bandana.

Then you can wipe your forehead on a hot day

Then you can wipe the back of your neck on a really hot day

Then you can dry your ears have coming back from Swimming merit badge

Then you can blow your nose, in case you've caught a cold from swimming the freezing water

After about 5-6 different things you can do. You need to fold it neatly (at least two folds) and put it into your pocket for the next time.

After the bandana is in the pocket, the leader says you need to pat it down really good, so it doesn't leave a bulge in the pocket.

The leader states that he's really got to go now (cause the next MB Session is about to begin), and thanks his friend for reviewing the book and trying out everything. In a rush they say their goodbyes.

Good Luck at finding a script online. Probably most will explain the set up, because most of this skit is adlibbed during the skit. But more results would probably be found if you search for Bandana-Banana instead of Yellow Bandana.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Banana Bandana Skit

This Skit has gross parts.

Required:

- a bandana

- a banana

Notes: The whole skit has a premise of mistaking 'banana' for 'bandana'.

Script: magician: Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Great Mystero's Amazing Magical Bonanza! For my first trick, I need a volunteer to help me make a bandana disappear. (looking around, he choose a planted 'volunteer' that has a banana inside his shirt or pocket)

The volunteer walks up onstage.

magician: Thank you for helping me. For this trick, you can not watch me so let's stand back to back.

magician: Now, you will need a bandana for this trick - do you have one or do you need to borrow one of mine?

volunteer: (reaching in his shirt and pulling out a banana and holding it high for the audience to see) No, I brought my own. I'm ready!

magician: (open bandana and wave it around) OK, first of all, open your bandana.

volunteer: (peels banana) OK, it's open.

magician: OK, now, fold it.

volunteer: (folds banana in half) OK.

magician: Now, fold it again.

volunteer: Again?

magician: Yes, again!

volunteer: (folds banana again) OK.

magician: Now, twist the banana as tightly as you can.

volunteer: (twists banana into mush squeezing out his fingers) OK.

magician: (holding his hand out to the side toward the audience) OK, now slap the bandana into my open hand and it will disappear!

volunteer: Gladly! (squashes the banana into the magician's hand and then walks offstage)

Now the magician can look disgusted at the banana or as a better ending, sticking to the saying 'The Show Must Go On', he can shove the banana mush into his mouth, show his empty hand that it is gone, and take a deep bow!

From http://www.boyscouttrail.com/content/skit/banana_bandana-853.asp

You can get the different boys to do each of the "folds."

(This message has been edited by OneHour)

Crew21 and One Hour

Thanks for the help! Crew---I searched what you suggested and found EXACTLY what I was looking for! This skit with the Book 101 things to do with a bandana works for any amount of scouts! This is awesome and I think the boys will choose this skit over the others they have to choose from!

I love coming here for help! This is better than going to roundtable! :)

Angela