CC at den meetings

No. There is absolutely no need for that.

Please be aware that you will receive better answers, and more of them, if you post in the Cub Scouts forum. The Issues & Politics is really more of a free-for-all area, not necessarily related to day to day questions about how to run a pack. There are many people on this board who don't ever read the Issues & Politics forum, but who do read the rest of the forums here.

Since the CC is responsible for the Support of the Pack, there's little reason for him/her to be there, period.

The CM, as the principal program officer, might want to check in on the DLs, but in my experience, boy and adult, DLs are pretty much on their own. Certainly it was that way with my sainted Den Mother.

Our pack's CC is at my son's den meetings only because it is at her home. She may provide snack, take pictures, help out if the leader or myself is unavailable, and keep the parents entertained away from the boys, but otherwise the meetings are left to the leader (her husband) and myself. I have yet to see our cubmaster at one of our den meetings.

The prior pack we were involved with wanted all the dens to meet at the same time so the CC and CM could be available every meeting and that pack was a disaster.

Karen