committee chair question

I just got voted in as the new committee chair because our old one is crossing over to boy scouts with her son in Feb. I had asked her if she would train me until she crossed over. Do I take over now or do I take the lead when she crosses over?

Try and take committee trainging ASAP. There is online at scouting.org. Our council has it at University of Scouting. There is also a guide book available at your scout shop if your pack does not have one in its library.

Good luck.

"I just got voted in"...that means you are NOW the CC, unless the term was specified as not starting until Feb.

Do you take over now? That's up to your CO, who approves all leadership positions. In the case of a non-involved CO (common), it sounds like you and the current CC can just agree on how to arrange it.

Get a copy of the "Cub Scout Leader Book" and read it cover to cover. Most of your questions about Pack operation should be answered there. And yes, get "Trained" ASAP and start going to your District Roundtable meetings.

Secoond thoughts: Most unit charters expire at the end of the year. There can only be one CC on the charter, so that would be an ideal time to "take over". Have you filled out a new application yet, specifying your position as CC?(This message has been edited by scoutldr)