Looking for quote...

We'll be having our first Pack meeting next week and I'm (CM) looking for a REALLY good quote to really have an effect on the Scouts and Parents there. Something (can be from someone famous or not) that will speak to the ideals of Scouting. We'll have alot of first year Scouts there and I want something to really hit home with them and their parents.

Any ideas???(This message has been edited by jamist649)

Oh, you can do alot of google search for neat, pithy stuff from Baden-Powell or Seton or Yogi Berra (or Bear!). But ultimately any quote needs to take root from the experience of the receiver. Tiger Cubs aren't going to hear and take in the same idea as a 14 year old Star Scout or a dad or mom.

Wait your time. Pick the quote to match the activity or such. Blue and Gold? Find a good American Native story or blessing about food and thankfulness. Bike ride? Hike? Tell'em a story about going somewhere and perservering.

Boils down to Apache's comment, but make it Cub friendly and therefore rememberable (just invented that word). Try this>>

With great bravado, divide the group into three parts: "Okay! What noise does a big meat clever make chopping some ribs into pieces? Let's hear it while I dee-vide you into three parts... WHUP! and WHUP!" Now, tell each part to yell that's YELL >>>DO... and YOUR... and BEST! Make'm do it in turn, direct them like an orchestra, Let the next town hear you! Several times... Include the parents, as they sit . DO, YOUR, BEST, DO (wait for it...)DO, DO, DO, YOUR, DO, YOUR BEEESSSTTT. Have fun with it, yes?

Not so nuch remember someone else's quote, let them create their own to remember.