Problem leader changed to another pack, I need help

SctDad,

Greetings!

You have a difficult situation, that only you can decide.

The forum members can advise and comment all day(all week) long, but we cannot help you decide.

The leader had a legal pending matter in a domestic case, outside of Scouting, and it did not involve a minor child.

Could this leader eventually be forgiven? Could he pay his moral debt and be dismissed? Who knows?

Me personally. I would be honest if asked. (One of the points of the Scout Law) No more, no less. With a situation like you described, I wouldn't volunteer any unsolicited comments towards any other pack or troop.

At work, with completely different circumstances, I have told subordinates; You don't have to be friendly, you don't have to be hostile, but you do have to be professional.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I want to thank a that gave advise and suggestions.

To help with what I am being told, here is what I have planned to do.

Fill out the transfer forms. They have that right. They are current and I have no issue removing this leader from our roster since he has this attitude.

I will wait to see if the pack leadership from his new pack has any other questions. I will only state things that I have seen for a fact. I will mention things that I saw or can prove. That is my best defense both legally and morally.

If asked, I wil remember the scout Law and remain the professional volunteer. (I know that sounds odd)

As for the new pack. I have known these leaders longer than the problem leader. They have helped to organize a joint pack outing, and it was very successful. I ook forward to doing it again, but I am cautious about doing this because of the leader.

I will make sure that in al the decisions that I make, I ALWAYS think of the boys first, this program if for them after all.

I will take this one step at a time and move as things change. That is al I can do.

Have any of you guys ever been asked to provide, or received, a reference for someone that read: "So and so worked here from date x to date y." End of story? Would you ever hire someone with references like that? (geez I kind of hope not, at least, not if you're my boss and the person would be my co-worker)

There are clear ways to signal that there were issues, without saying there were issues. If that's your honest take on things. Leader of pack 123 says "hey I see we're getting Mr Smith and his family. I thought he was in your pack. Did something happen?" You respond something very lukewarm, like "Yes, they were in our pack. I'm pleased that they identified a pack where they feel more comfortable." End of story. If the other leaders know you to be a good and honorable person, they're likely going to take that in the spirit you meant it. After all, they know and trust you; they don't yet know Mr Smith.

About the wife dropping charges - let's be careful not to blame victims here, guys. You have no idea what her situation is.