Fundraising Ideas

Anyone have any good fundraising ideas. I hace a small pack. Only the same couple of boys, who see the benefits of selling popcorn, sell it. Car washes are a hit, but we only have 2 places in town to do them and with all the other groups/organiztions in town it difficult to shedule a good day. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ScoutMomof...did you say 5?!?!

Being the Popcorn Chairman for my district, I hate to hear that many of your families don't see the benefit of the Trails End sales, but that's not an uncommon story. What I would do is continue to let the two that do want to sell participate, and when their prize order comes in present them at a pack meeting.

As for other fund raising ideas, if you have people that are willing a garage sale is always a good one. If you tell people it is for a Cub Scout unit, you might also have people donate items they just don't need any more. I know if one troop that had people donate items up to old washers and dryers.

Another avenue is to seek a like-minded captured audience. At our district Pinewood Derby two years ago, our pack ran a concession stand. Trust me when I say Cub Scout families will not blink about paying $1.00 for a can of soda to support a fellow unit. And since a District Derby can run for a while, you have people looking to buy a burger around 11:00 after that Egg McMuffin they grabbed on the way in has worn off. If your district has any similar events coming up (service projects, belt loop bonanzas, etc.) you could ask your district leadership about the possibility.

The biggest thing about fund raising is to first decide what you want to do, then figure out how much you need to do it. That way you can know when to stop.

Find and contact another Cub Pack (or two?) and challenge them to a softball/soccer.

Charge admission. Publicize it to get the local community to come. Sell hot dogs and drinks and souvenirs. Sell popcorn!

Organize a Checker tourney for the Town Checker championship. See above.

KlS MiF

Two of the biggest fundraisers we have every year are Bottle-n-Can Drives and Candy Bar Sales.

Folks are very willing to donate their returnable containers, especially if you get the word out ahead of time.

We sell Gertrude Hawk Candybars for a buck and keep 50%. There is an upfrint investment, but they sell very well. We have sold Nestle/Hershey in the past, but they don't sell quite as well.

A great way to raise funds is Tupperware. Tupperware offers a fundraising booklet and you get 40% of the proceeds. My den of only four boys is doing this fundraiser right now. In only one week, our den has sold nearly $600 worth of products. It equates to us getting $240. Not bad for just asking a few people you know if they want to buy something from Tupperware. The brand sells itself!

mmm, Gertrude Hawk - can you send me a dark chocolate, please???

I didn't think a den could do its own fundraiser. Could someone clarify?

We have done well with a local supplier of stromboli's. The band does pies that are delivered the week before Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. This seems to appeal to the 'last minute buffet' needs we all have.

OK, I thought there may have been a change since I looked that up many moons ago.

Thanks for straightening me out.

(We had a den do just that once, and I found out it was wrong about 8 months after the fact. As an aside, they were Bears, earning money to purchase their scrapbook supplies from Creative Memories to meet that requirement. They were only $100 short of what they needed and the DL was bragging how well they did on that sale. I still roll my eyes when I see her - not very scouty of me but is is more kind and courteous than I'd like to be)