Pack trailer

>>"Forgive all of us on this thread for wasting your time. I was under the impression that this was a friendly forum for sharing ideas and opinions. My mistake. But if you actually read my original posting, it was a general topic thrown out for discussion. It just included an example. But I guess you missed that."

Actually, after re-reading this thread, I was thoroughly convinced that someone was acting like an idiot. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was me.

scoutldr, my sincerest apologies.

As for my original posting and it's intent, I let my Patrol Leaders know if someone didn't understand their direction, it's not necessarily the fault of the recipient. Sometimes, one's own medicine is the most bitter to swallow.

• 2 weeks later...

Our pack tries to camp four times per year, and that is not including any WeBeLoS campouts. However, our pack is not huge, and sometimes our turnouts are the same 4 or 5 boys with the largest families. Currently my boys are no longer in the pack but with the troop. We asked one time to borrow some stuff from the troop but got a lot of hemming and hawing over whether they should let us use their stuff.

All the "pack" camping gear belongs to ME and gets packed in MY truck with NO help from anybody in the pack! For now they all have their own tents and sleeping bags and all are starting to purchase mess kits (although I still end up providing a few of those on each campout) My boys are no longer with the pack but with the troop so, if I should leave the pack, I don't think the pack will ever go on another campout, because I won't be there to supply the personally owned chuckbox, pots, pans, camping stove, canopy used as a dining fly or storage tent (10 X 10 easy up tent), or me to do the planning and shopping, etc.

However, if the pack were to raise enough money to purchase a small trailer, and their own camping equipment to loan to parents on campouts (tents, pots, pans, etc.) I think it would be awesome for them to have their own trailer to utilize for a campout and storage! Storage at our Chartered Org is very limited, therefore everything ends up in MY garage! The PWD track (which I FINALLY got out of my garage), the raingutter regatta track, the decorations for crossovers, graduation ceremonies, PWD, etc. I would be MORE than willing to let them store the pack PWD track (and I bet the parent that currently has it in his garage would also agree) in the trailer! I'd also be more than happy to let them HAVE the raingutter regatta track my husband built, as long as they stored it in the trailer and not my garage! I'd be MORE than happy to let them have all the ceremonial stuff that is currently residing in my garage! I'd even be willing to GIVE them some duplicate camping gear! For goodness sake! Will this pack ever raise enough money to purchase a trailer for me to get all that stuff out of my garage!?! And with enough advance warning, I'd even be willing to let some of that stuff sit in my garage for the weekend campouts!

I say, if you camp enough and can get your money's worth out of it, by all means purchase a trailer and camping gear (that way you don't have to use one parents truck all the time...what a liability).

I was a Cub Master that did more than needed and stored more than needed (goes with the job). Lack of Parent support, was probably the main issue.

You need to be firm, tell the Pack committee/Cub Master that camp supplies are no longer your issue. Move on.

They will either get with the program, make a firm request to borrow from the Troop, raise $ to buy Pack main camping supplies, or not.