Hi,

My question is about giving awards well after they have been earned. When my son crossed over he decided that he wanted to be in a different troop than the one his pack was afilliated with. He and his best friend moved to the same troop. The boys father was the Webelos Den leader in the old pack. In fact he and I had been the leaders since both boys started in Tiger Cubs. He was the leader and I was the assistant. Our old pack was not active on the district level and I didn't know any better about the awards. Now that I do I would like to see him get the Tiger and Webelos knots as he worked hard as a leader and is deserving of them. Can the new troop give these awards or do they have to come from the original pack??

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

YIS

Steve

I always understood that once a boy was registered in a troop and clearly out of cub scouts he was no longer eligible for cub or webelos awards of any kind. I could easily be wrong about this, but that is my understanding.

eisely

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post, sorry. The award is for a leader, not a boy. I mentioned the relationship only to enforce the idea that I know this person is qualified for the awards, and now my head is pulled out of the preverbial "dark place" I would like to see him get them. It seems that I have to go back to our old pack and have them submit his name.

I may be wrong since its been a few years since I was in the cubs, but I believe the Pack Committee Chairman's signiture is needed and not the Cubmaster. Take a look at the little progress record booklet. I don't think it matters how long it has been since he qualified, as long as he is still a scout leader. The chairman is responsible for getting it to the district leadership training committee.