Good morning.

I don't have an answer, but I know about people in your District who should know (or be able to quickly get) an answer.

I'd suggest asking your District Advancement Committee chairman to research this for you. He should be present at your District Roundtable each month. Alternately, ask your CM to have your COR take this question to District Committee meeting, or ask him to ask your Unit Commissioner.

The advantages of this are you get the information, but you also start finding out who are the people who help you in your local area :)

• 1 month later...

The new Cub Sports and Academic book should be out in the fall of 2009 with all the new belt loop and pins. I work for BSA National Supply and that's what we've been told. There will be 11 in all. The new ones if you want the names are listed in the Insignia Guide at the bottom of the page with belt oops and pins on it.

Will post a note when I hear of a due date for the book's release.

Thanks wahooker. Gotta say, I'm not terribly impressed with about half of them. Really? Belt loops for manners? For basic literacy? Sigh. Will have to wait and see what the requirements are I guess.

Some are cool...Family Travel, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Pet Care, Photography...

Some...Good Manners, shouldn't they be learning this already? Reading and writing, shouldn't they have learned this in school?

And some...Video Games? I don't even know what to say about this....I just shudder an shake my head.

• 3 months later...

Here is a list of all the requirements for the new ones. Still not thrilled with Video Games but I can see it as a "they get to teach Mom and Dad something" type thing.

Love the "Family Travel", "Photography" (ok it was my major in collage), "Reading and Writing" (another one who will do anything for a BL), and "Hiking".

And, yes, everyone should be working on Good Manners at home but how many little boys do you know who use them all the time. I'm going to use some of these in Pack Meetings. And they will make good meeting fillers in the Dens, too.

Diana

CubMaster Pack 32

Benton, AR