Resources for Catholic Activity Patches

For the last several years our pack (chartered to a Catholic parish) has completed activities in order for the kids to earn Rosary patches through the NCCS. One of our parents is a religious educator and came up with very creative programs -- a skit, a power point presentation, etc. -- but now her family is moving!!

The NCCS has a new program called "Footsteps of American Saints". Patches can be earned by learning about various saints and their work, but there doesn't seem to be any resources provided to present the stories of these saints. You have to start from scratch. Any ideas?? The saints include:

Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton

Saint John Neumann

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha

Saint Peter Claver

Saint Isaac Jogues

Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini

Blessed Andr Bessette

Blessed Mother Marianne Cope

Saint Katherine Drexel

Blessed Damien of Molokai

My inpiration comes from when the pack did the "Glorius Mysteries" patch. In this case several parents were given simple costumes (a veil, a robe, etc) and they acted out the story while another parent read it. This was ideal because it got parents involved and the kids paid attention to it.

I don't want to give a bunch of 7 year olds a lecture on Saint Isaac Jogues -- too boring!! If anyone knows where to find some good saint narratives or stories, please advise!! Or if you have other ideas, please share.

Link to the NCCS patch program:

http://www.nccs-bsa.org/emblems-awards/footsteps.php

Thanks.

There is a 2 volume series called Saints for YOung Readers for Every Day. It offers some great stories for the kids to read or listen to. I have only found one saint not in there so far. (off the top of my head I can't remeber which one) It is published by Pauline Kids Books and Media and each volume is $15.95