Leave No Trace follow-on patches

When your boys earn the LNT year after year, what do you all present them with after they have earned the LNT temp Patch?

I was thinking probably a Cub Device or something like that but unsure.

Scott

Scott -

I am a LNT Trainer and I do not know of any add-on devices. The only recognition items I know of are the 2 (Cub/Boy Scout) patches. Don't let that discourage you from pursuing the award each year if you'd like - you can always make up your own certificate if you feel like you need to give the boys something. Or maybe you could give them the plastic LNT hang-tags (about 25 cents each) from www.LNT.org. These are always well-received by the boys and leaders. I have one hanging on my hiking stave right now. Anything to keep the guidelines handy (although the hang-tags feature the 7 Principles of LNT, not the 6 modified Cub version). And remember that YOU can earn the award also.

clyde

Guys,

Thanks for the input, maybe we should have something documented by LNT or BSA that will allow for devices on the LNT Awareness patch for Cubs..........

Also being a Trainer I would consider just about anything to give to the boys for them doing these additional requiremetns for LNT. I was just wondering what other people do if their boys do the additional requirements.

Both ideas are very intreging the card idea fits as the boys get older they can collect the hang cards and have the full set by the time they are first year Boy Scouts.....the rocker idea is great as well but maybe hard pressed to find rockers that fit around the diamond or square for the respective patch.

Again, thanks for the input and will think on these ideas.

Respectfully,

Scott