Pinewood derby episode of South Park

I watched it. As usual Stan is the level headed thinker and the adults around him are consumed by irrational ideas. I dose off at the end so I don't know what they did with all the space money.

Caught some early Scout episodes are their Website. Some time they are cubs and sometime they are scouts.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILER ALERT

The space money was kept and divided up amoung the countries, which used it for all sorts of big goodies. Until Finland decided to fess up, then Finland got nuked. As it turned out, the whole thing was a test of whether Earthlings were mature enough to join the Federation of Planets. Since they kept the money instead of giving it back, the FoP declared Earth irredemably selfish and stupid and quarantined it forever. And as for the space money, it was worthless. It was only worth what the users believed it to be.

Come on Nike, you ruined it

Just kidding

I guess if you look at it from a different perspective than just a crude show you can see that there are some underlying lessons in this show. Guilt, Greed, and sportsmanship. Not to mention, it showed how there are many parents that will go to ANY lengths to win the PWD. And of Course what happens when they don't. Or maybe not that drastic.

I say it - thought it was funny as could be.

If I could get away with it, I'd use parts of it as a promo for the BWD next year and as a gentle reminder to any over-eager parents that want to soup-up "johnny's" car for him.

Then again - I am one of those dads that order extra special axle polish and tungsten plugs for weights every year..... Hmmmmm.... maybe I could get some radioactive pellets from a nearby nuclear power plant for next years car...... haaaahaaaahaaaa..... no one will ever run faster !!! MUaaaahaaaaa !!!

Herms

I have to agree with you. THat show is not for kids. I do not let my kids watch it either. That does not mean that it was not funny. I think that there are some shows that, although cartoons, were primarily meant for adults. That is why it has that time slot and has the rating that is does

I thought it was a funny. Showed some of the things that really happen with the pinewood derby.

I have to say that the episode was very tame compared to what it normally is. Not sure if the Scout thing was reason or not. To me the only funny aspect of it were the Pinewood Derby bits. It hit way too close to home with our Pack and parents trying to get away with stuff.

My 13 year old (girl) has seen PARTS of south park that I have taped. Trust me, middle schoolers have heard or seen worse with their friends. My 8 yr old cubbie, only the commercials for it.

I like that they attack both sides equally.

The pinewood derby episode had my husband laughing hysterically especially when the mom comes down as they are up into the wee hours and the dad says something like "Youre a girl, you dont understand how important this is to stan", and of course stan did nothing. And to be blunt, our beautiful car was mostly done by my husband (I stay out of the "pinewood" decisions).

I think the moral is that its a race and as cubs especially tigers and wolves, their skills overall arent going to create anything that is overly fabulous. But thats okay.

I doubt I could help "expand" any item refered to as a "yabo" or "yabos". I believe I first heard this term while seeing the movie "Animal House"...it was dialogue in the scene where Otter was explaining to Boon some of the better features of a girl named Marlene.

The term "Jabos" was used by the German armed forces during WW2 as a reference to Allied fighter-bomber type aircraft i.e. Jagd-bomber. hence the term JaBo.( jagd derived from the German word jaeger).

As for the suggestion that girls only get interesting if and when "yabos" are present...cant help you here...when I was a Cub Scout, Brownies were your own or some-one elses sister and were generally annoying and avoided. Brownies that were Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines were always welcome...'specially if they had no nuts!

Looks like we've got two topics thrown together here. First, on the Subaru commercial...

Buffalo Skipper - "Looked like a BestTrack to me. I imagine they enjoyed the quiet plug."

Actually, it was a Micro Wizard track and timer. I heard from the owner of MW that they had it all overnighted for the shoot. Shipping must have been rather costly! Hopefully, after they shot the commercial they donated the track and timer to some deserving group.

On the uniforms, I have a feeling that Subaru didn't want to pay any licensing fees (especially to BSA), so they tried to make the boy's uniforms deliberately not look like they were from any particular organization.

========================

Now, as for South Park. Never watch the show, but my interest was piqued when I heard they were doing a PWD episode. I could only take about 10 minutes of that show. Now I know why I don't watch South Park (sacreligious, I know, since I am from Colorado and live close to South Park).