Pinewood derby episode of South Park

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturn automobiles.

Disclaimer: I own two Saturns, a 2nd year SL and a 2003, they've both been great - now if I can just get college students to quit rear-ending me while they pick their teeth in their rear view mirrors - True Story. The cars are holding up remarkably well.

Some neat points in the commercial: Pride in Craftsmanship, in doing your best to build the best car you can, also a visual incorporating a non-worded condemnation of the use of others work.

I liked that they used incorrect uniforms, it's a requirement that when the TV or Movies from U.S. studios use military uniforms that there is at least one incorrect detail per person. That they did the same with Scouts, I took as a compliment. Brownie Vests are a pretty big detail mismatch though. :)

I just went to South Parks website to see the preview with Stan and his dad working on the car in the basement, it looked pretty much right on to me, and Stan was in his webelos uniform.

The episode they did a while back about the gay scoutmaster who was replaced by one who was a pedophile found a humorous way to present two serious issues scouting faces today. Yes they are irreverant, pushing the line to the limit, yet at the same time gives you something to think about.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

I didn't know that about military uniforms, Gunny. Being an amateur military uniform cop as well, I like to point out the bloopers in the movies...like the scene in Top Gun where the AirBoss in one scene is wearing polyester khakis with ribbons (not authorized for shipboard wear) and in the next shot the ribbons are gone. I work in a military organization and especially like the guys who get dressed in the mirror and come in with everything reversed. I found a young E-2 like that in the chow hall and just quietly whispered to him that he'd better make a trip to the head and get squared away before "the Chief" sees him! He was very appreciative!

Well, wrong again. :) This being wrong thing is getting old...:(

After getting the incorrect gouge from my wife - who would for unstated reasons be reasonably expected to know.

Another source PM'd me.

Apparently when we see those flaws in Movies and TV it may not be required, at least not by the United States Code. See Title 10 USC Chapter 45, Section 772 provision f for Military uniforms in movies and provision j for BSA uniforms.

just wondering why its insulting to see what looks like a cub scout pack in something cut in a similar manner and color to Brownie outfits? If I recall a while back there was a thread about the women on Deal or No Deal in Boy Scout outfits and as I recall the consensus of the (male) posters was "they looked hot".

So women with big yabos can wear a boy scout uniform but if a boy is put in a brownie look alike outfit its a problem?

go to "buycostumes.com" and key in camper girl adult costume. THAT is okay?

Sorry if I offended, ScoutMom. Not intentional. It's just that no self-respecting Cub Scout I know would be caught dead in a Brownie uniform. They have cooties, ya know! That is, until they get yabos. ;-)

Saw the episode. Kinda funny, and very wrong. More like morbidly funny. Kinda gross at some parts too.

Anyway, before we get all in a tizzy, lets remember why it comes on at 10:00 PM EST, and has a rating of TV MA L

Not really intended for cub scouts

I saw the episode and was pleasantly surprised that Stan (?) was so bothered by his father's unScoutlike behaviour. He gave back his trophy because he couldn't live the lie his entire life.