Webelos Craftsman projects question

I've been searching the topics for this answer but haven't found anything clearcut yet. My Webelos den took part in the Home Depot craft clinic this past weekend, but families were only notified when everyone planned on showing up, we didn't attend as a den. It must have been a very popular project because the store ran out of kits by the time some boys got there (yes, we had contacted the store telling them our numbers, but they don't reserve the kits, they just try to have enough kits available for the number of kids they think are coming). I'm now being asked if catapults we built at camp last fall for the engineering badge, can also count towards this. I see for some requirements for other badges that if something is used for one badge it can't be used for another, such as certain belt loops. I have not seen a restriction like this for the Craftsman badge. Also, can the pinewood derby car be counted as another project? I would think so (as long as the boy did the work of course...wink!)

I may have some suggestion that may help you.

Wood Projects - Tool Box out of 2X8 and closet rods. Make sure tehy sand and paint it for the required "Several Steps." Ask lowes of Home Depot for extra/scrap lumber.

Build and grow kits that require some assembly.

Display stand

Take a piece of 1X6. Find some sapling that you are allowd to cut down and use. Nail the cut sapling (a piece about 6") to the boart from the bottom. Paint or stain. Glue the PWD car to the top when you are done with them. Looks like a small trophy. THey can hang their ribbon on it too.

Other projects.

Homemade clay slides, many recipes in the How-To Book

Luminaries - Tin Soup cans, hammer, nail, pliers to hld the nail. Punch holes to make a design.

Wallet kits are available

Talk to any local leather worker for scrap leather.

What does the requirement say? A point of Scouting is that we don't have discretion in modifying the requirements. If you think the catapault meets the requirement, and the kids did it after they began their Web 1 year, good enough.

I agree with imasoonerfan. When I was an ACM, we don't let kids double/triple/quadruple dip either.