Membership down or is it?

As stated above, motivated scouters took the program and made it fun. It has been my experience that this does not happen as often as we like, and I hope that the new training methods help address this. Too often in the past, this area has been skimmed over in training.

I also wonder, with all the "entertainment" available to kids, have they lost the ability to "boy run" a program? Just wondering. I think they kids in scouts get it, but too many parents don't and too many kids drop scouting or never join for the wrong reasons.

I do believe we need to look at the webelos program again, and get input from scouters like rlculver415 and the other dynamic scouters out there for a positive input.

It would also be nice if "Program Helps" went back to webelos hints!

jbrogranjr says:

It would also be nice if "Program Helps" went back to webelos hints!

As far as I know, all of the hints for the Webelos requirements that once appeared in Program Helps as well as other publications, have now all been consolidated into the Webelos Leader Book. I first became aware of it last summer, it could not have been out very long (at least not with its current cover) because the cover shows the new oval badge for the Webelos rank.