Charter presentation ceremony

One of my packs just recruited a new charter organization. (I'm the Unit Commissioner) The pack just signed up to do an open house at the April pack meeting to get Cardinals tickets for the boys. I'm wanting to do a charter presentation ceremony at that pack meeting. Now, I have the charter presentation ceremony example listed in the UC manual but it's troop-specific and to be honest, I'm not digging it. Any ideas or examples of some you've seen in the past?

When I moved our Pack's charter, I modified a "white" candle ceremony to "carry the light of Cub Scouting" to the new CO. I edited it to be simple as I used a couple Tigers and a couple Wolves to help.

This may be the 1st cub Ceremony they have seen, so keep it simple and short.

AS CM, I performed the ceremony on a Sunday at the end of services (with the Pastors co-operation)....I never got any support from our UC in the 4 years with the pack, so it's great you are helping them out.

I always looked at the Charter as belonging to the CO.

While the ideal charter presentation would take place at an event where everyone was there (Scout Sunday for a unit chartered by a church.) As we know not everything is always ideal.

Still for a unit Chartered by a church, doing the presentation in the church with the unit members there would seem like the best idea.

The Ship I serve is chartered by the local Elks, they wanted the Charter presentation done at a Elks board meeting, we took photos for the local newspaper and posted a few on the notice board inside the building.

I'm not that keen on over the top ceremonies.

A few words thanking the organization for their support and for a new unit maybe a bit of a sales pitch, going on about the values of the program that they are supporting.

My thing was keeping it very simple and short.

Ensuring it was covered by the local newspaper was a very important part, as this highlighted that there was a unit where it was and helped let the members of that organization know that they did play a part in local Scouting.

Eamonn.