Den Chief training Syllabus

Can anyone give me the number and printing date for the newest Den Chief Syllabus

I have been asked to help organize this training.

2 District training chairs and the professional staff advisor for training have sent me a syllabus, but a 3rd district training chair is saying that there is a newer version out.

Searching the internet only turns up the verision of the one I have.

The copy I have is numbered 34450C 2004 printing.

I took a trip to the Scout Shop.

They had copies of the Den Chief training syllabus which was the one that ccjj posted with a copyright of 2004.

The one I have is copyrighted 2004 but is a 2004 printing.

In looking over the material they seem to be exactly the same.

I am not sure what I am going to do as I have been asked to put this trianing on hold until I get a copy of the new syllabus.

If I wait until our training committee figures out what is the correct syllabus this training will never happen.

Im pretty busy this spring and placing this on hold and moving it later in the spring Im just not going to have the time to do this.

I talked with one of the other trainers that is helping with this.

Weve decided to run this as unit level training and just not include any district or council level training people.

Our council has been encouraging units to hold training as a unit so as a Pack Trainer Im going to hold a unit level Den Chief course.

... and don't forget that the on-line training is only the fast-start program, it is NOT the full DC training program. It will get your DC's foot in the door, but it will not give him the full training, any more than the fast-start videos will give the full essentials training. I have used the new program and it's really not too bad. My boys seemed to like it and quietly sat through 2 1-your sessions.

Stosh