Adult leader training at resident camp

Not to go off-topic, but in my council, Cub camp attendance has been through the roof historically. I hear there was a bit of a dropoff last year, but it's still high. At one reservation, the council runs four weeks of Boy Scout camp and then three of Cub/Webelos camp; it used to be four of Cubs and three of Boy Scouts because of the high demand for Cub resident camp.

As someone who's staffed a Cub resident camp, I can make the observation that staffers generally rely fairly heavily on parents and adult leaders to help with the program. You know the kids far better than we do - their temperaments, interests, individual attention spans, etc. - and you're crucial to the task of running a group through the program in the timespan allotted.

That's especially so with programs in handicrafts, nature and scoutcraft/outdoors skills, where it's often very hands-on work and we need you to keep an eye on all the kids. I don't know what I'd do if I were running a Whittlin' Chip program for a group of 15+ Cubs (not uncommon in my experience) just by myself with two adults to help! All those knives and only three sets of eyes... So, yeah, the more adults, the better, from a strictly staff perspective.

OK I will say that a lot of the times there is a need for more adults for the tasks and activities. How about this for numbers

15 Boys - 15 Adults. Two of the adults are the leaders. Is there such a problem that they cannot move away for 15-30 minutes for program training that may help the program. The other parents would be aware of this and could probably help in this case.