Babysitting at the meeting place

OOOOO, I want to be in DeanRX Pack.

Full disclosure and full supervision, both important.

If the parents are informed about the NEED for them to COOPERATE in sibling care, and the need to not have the future Cubs and Brownies wander the halls, then all will be eventually well.

BW is correct, but limited so. The desire to limit litigation by severely defining responsibilty makes sense if one never desires to encourage cooperation and communication. Parents require proper behavior from their children, and help each other to do it. Some guidelines and training for the "sitters" will help instill confidence from both the parents and the "sittees".

And it matters not if a Den meets in the DLs basement or if all the Dens meet the same day in different rooms of the CO, the responsibility for the young sibs lies with the parents, not the Pack.

Make sure all understand that and your desire to help the parents organize supervision of their progeny.

I have been talking with the Committe Chair about this, and we are going to discuss it at the Pack Committee Meeting on Monday. We aren't going to discuss BSA endorsing a babysitting program. What we are talking about is the parents continuing to run their own babysitting program and enforcing the rules that the Church has already set in place. It turns out the Church was aware, and has established rules. We want to discuss our situation with the Council to make sure they are aware, as well as the Chartered Organization. But what it all amounts to, is having the parents better aware of the Church's rules that have been in place, and strictly enforcing them. After all, none of this is BSA's responsibility or liability. So the parents must take care of the situation, within the scope of the Church's rules.

Jay-

Hope you have found a workable solution to your issue. Please let us know how it turns out.

BW-

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I know you and I have not seen eye to eye on every post, but I value your time in service and wisdom, so good to know our thoughts align on some things.

SSScout-

Hopefully that was a compliment and not a jab. I'll take is as a kudos and say thanks.

Dean