Did you bring your Cub to the polls?

I'm glad I did, because I just noticed one of the Citizenship Pin requirements is going to the Polls with an Akela and talking about the vote.

So I just emailed my Tiger Den to see if I can sign any of the other Tigers off. I also tell them to go to Scouttrack themselves to record this kind of stuff, but they rarely do.

Oh man! Normally I do but this year I didn't because his grandparents said they wanted to pick him up for the afternoon. I'll remember that about the pin 'cus next month we are doing that belt loop. Thanks for the heads up.

Diana

I had considered it, especially after reading the requirement for the citizenship pin, but unfortunately, my work schedule didn't allow me enough time to pick him up, get to the polls, get him home, and get to a meeting on time. We did talk about our choices some and he surprised me with his choice in his classes mock election. He was one of 3 out of 30 that voted for Obama. The other thing I found sad, was him saying some of the kids stated they would not vote for Obama because of his race

Sounds like your Cub should be recruiting those kids into his Den. So they can learn some good morals, if nothing else.

I'm not advocating in this thread who should've voted for who, but his classmates have some lousy reasons for the choice they probably learned from bad influences. And I am sure they could benefit in the Pack.

At least your son was able to do a mock election. Maybe that satisfies the requirement closely enough???

Since he's only a Wolf this year, I'm not worried about him earning the pin, there will be more elections. And I'm glad he knows what a person looks like has nothing to do with qualifications. Maybe he will invite them. We live in an area with a large LDS population, so recruiting into community packs is difficult.

Karen

I brought back sample ballots. I wanted to go in am but kids would not move and if I had they gotten a move-on would have come along but since they did not give me enougth time I still had to taek them to g-parents for the day.

My son earned the citz pin last year and he went wiht Dad then.They can earn the pin with out that though as they only need 5 out of 10 along w/ the belt loop.