I'm a Webelos I leader. All seven of our scouts went to day camp, where they earned Engineer and Forester. We handed these pins out at our Sept pack meeting

I was recently told that until a boy earns his Webelos Badge, he can only receive Citizen, Fitness, and one other.

But I can't find where it says that in the Webelos Leader book.

Our Webelos II leader and Cub master are unsure.

We are camping next weekend and plan on working on Outdoorsman, and possibly Naturalist.

We are working on Cit and Fit at den meetings.

Can we hand out other pins?

Or do we have to hold them until the boys get the Webelos Badge?

The requirement for the Webelos badge is to earn Citizen, Fitness and one other. But, the boys can of course earn and be awarded whatever other activity pins that they've earned at any time. Go ahead and give them what they've accomplished!

of course you can give them thier pins, they've earned them! Like Alfan said, you NEED those 3 for the Webelos badge, it doesn't mean you can't earn any others as well. Whoever told you that must not be a Webelos leader, lol.

Thanks!

It sounded a bit like a urban myth.

I just wanted to make sure I wasnt bending a real rule.

I couldnt find anywhere in the book that said it, but this leader was adamant.

He is the type of leader that has set the bar so high for requirements that most of his boys are burnt out before they hit Boy Scouts.

I will look forward to handing out all they have earned at the next Pack.

The next time this leader comes up with a "rule", simply say to him, "Oh really, I hadn't heard of that. Please show me where this rule is written in the Leader Book/online/etc..etc...".

When he can't find it (but it must be there somewhere!), then his "rule" is officially "myth".