What uniform to wear?

I'd wear my Venturing uniform, if I wuz you. I wear my BSA uniform to Girl Scout functions to show my support of the program and that our two programs have similar functions and goals.

If I was a sailor and invited to my friends retirement fromt the Army, I'd wear my sailor suit.

It's a Scouting event, wear your Scout suit.

I am Council Commissioner and my grandson is a Wolf Cub in the local pack. I was his Tiger partner last year. When going to his den meetings and pack meetings, I dress in street clothes. When the Blue and Gold Banquet comes, I go in my uniform. I am introduced to the crowd as the Council Commissioner. I told the pack committee when I registered my grandson that my job as Council Commissioner was large enough that I couldn't take a active role as a leader and I would be there to support their program in any way I could, but cannot register as a leader.

David Harrison

Thanks for the advice.

The majority here said go as a parent so I wore a Scouting-related T-shirt and went.

I was there less than 5 minutes and a women came up to me and called me by name.

I didnt recognize her but she said that she remembered me as one of the trainers when she took Cub Leader Specific.

Turns out she was the CMs wife.

As soon as the Pack meeting was over the CM made a beeline for me and asked if there were any Pack positions I was interested in.

I asked about Pack Trainer but some one was filling that role.

CM asked if I was interested in the ACM position.

I agreed.

This morning I had an e-mail waiting saying that the Pack Trainer was doing double duty as a DL also so that position is open also.

I think you made the right choice! Personally, I think that if you show up for a meeting dressed like a leader, then other parents naturally assume you are a leader and start asking you questions that, as a parent, you very likely might not be able to answer. besides, it sounds to me like a good way to alienate the leaders at the time- touchy types could totally misunderstand your intent.