Outdoor Flag Ceremony

The school principal where our Pack meets (our CO is the PTA) would like our Pack to do a Flag Ceremony on Sept. 11th before school starts.

Normally, we have one of the Dens do the Flag Ceremony at our Pack Meetings. I am looking for suggestions on how to handle this for all our boys. Should it be strickly the Webelos handling the color guard duties, and the other boys being present? We want to have all the Cub Scouts present for this "rare" opportunity with our school.

Also, this is pretty cool to have the principal ask us to do this on this date...not only is it Patriot Day, but also our Council's Join Night!

FWIW, i would have the Webelos 2's do the actual raising of the flag, with the other boys saluting. Only because it sounds very possible that it will become a yearly tradition, and that will give each year a chance to do it eventually.

Yes, the Webelos doing the actual presentation and raising of the flag is good. All the other scouts should wear their uniform and salute. This will meet all the ranks achievements as well. I think it sounds like a great honor for your pack that you were asked. What a great thing for no-scouts to see. I would not be surprised if you get a lot of inquireis about joining from boys present.