john in kc makes a good point.

they explained the exact senario at baloo training. you plan a pack event and then only a handful of the younger scouts sign up or just a few from you den. can you still go? do you cancel?

we were told that so long as it was planned, posted and announced as a pack event and your pack baloo trained adult is there, you follow the standard rules including a tour permit... you can go.

Thanks for all the information. As an update: I ate my crow, that is now resolved. As for the camp trip, all in the pack were welcome ... problem is we only have 5 Webelos, 0 Bears, and our 15 Wolves. We have not recruited Tigers yet. None of the Webelos were interested and so it kind of became a den event. All 15 of our Wolves attended and only 1 of the Webelos (who didnt even spend the night). No matter what we plan at this time, there is a very good chance that only our den will show, at least until we have a new Tiger den. one of our leaders that was there is BALOO trained, and I plan to go to the training on Oct 25th ... so that was not an issue either. Sorry that I didnt give a lot of details about the camping in my first post! Needless to say, its out goal to increase the size of our pack and get more involvement as well.

"Technically we are 2 dens, but we do everything together."

1. Technically they are 2 dens (even though they meet together).

2. There are no bear dens in the pack.

3. The Webelos were invited, but chose not to attend.

4. Of those who attended, their families went too.

Sounds like a "Pack Family Campout" to me. What's the problem here, guys?