Round Table Extras

I was wondering what every one who goes to the Cubs Scout Round Table, would it be interesting if there was more than just the upcoming months themes.

Meaning, would it be interesting is someone came in and did other things after that like, additional crafts, extra games, and maybe ways to make some games or other useful scouting object.

I was just thinking of a way to keep us from getting into the same ol same ol.

What do you guys think??

Roundtable has a specific purpose in the Scouting schema. It's to orient Scouters to the National Program for the coming month. A good Cub RT commissioner will have den ideas, Pack ideas, some game ideas, and some craft ideas.

I see it happen every month in my District.

RT also provides opportunity to get program events operated by the District or the Council (Day Camp, Webelos Woods, Family Resident Camp, District Pinewood Derby) in front of unit-serving Scouters (that means CMs, DLs, the CC and his/her committeefolk.

Additionally, many Councils provide deeper-level supplemental training annually, at events called Cub Scout Pow-Wow or University of Scouting. On the Cub level, much of this training is designed to provide program ideas to the direct contact Scouter (meaning... DEN LEADER).

Beyond that, Roundtable works with leaders who are not yet trained, but it works better with Scouters who've completed Fast Start, NLE, and Position Specific Training. You're COR for your unit. You have a right to call your DE and ask the District Training Chair to contact you. If you need training support, by all means ask for it!

We hold our Cub and Boy Scout Roundtables on the same night and location in separate rooms. As we're a rural district, many of our leaders are volunteers in both the pack and troop (and sometimes the crew too) in their home town. Many have been in scouting for several years. So those leaders who find they have previously been through whatever the Cub RT Commissioner is presenting are always welcome into the Boy Scout session.

Our Cub Training chair offered NLE and then Cub Leader Specific at our RT location this past fall and it was a big hit with the new leaders and got them into the habit of attending the RT meeting.

Other then that, the others who have responded have covered it. There is a specific program that the Cub Roundtable staff is suppose to present.