female leaders/committee

Just curious... What neckware do your female leaders/committee members typically wear? I've seen some wear the bolo, but I just see it listed under male leaders. My official title is Treasurer, but I have several other roles. I think the cubmaster and committee chair are the only ones wearing any neckware right now in our Pack.

I'm a Dean Leader and Committee Chair.

I typically wear jeans with my beige uniform shirt.

I did dart the front of my shirt for a more flattering look.

No one at Council has said anything.

I actually got the idea from my son's Den Leader.

It depends on my mood. I have a bolo tie, a blue "Cub Scout Leader" neckerchief, both of the scarves (I have both tan/olive and yellow/blue uniform parts), a Wood Badge neckerchief, and a couple others. Any and all of them are "legal". You do not have to wear neckwear, although I like to because it sets an example for the boys.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34048.pdf

When I was ACM, I wore the BSA Field or Class A uniform: Pants, shirt, belt. Didn't wear a necker.

When I was CC, I wore a business suit; I was coming straight from work, generally without time to change, and I if couldnt' be in uniform, I wanted to "make an effort."

Encourage all your leaders to wear the BSA uniform, including the switchbacks (or culottes/skirt if desired and appropriate). Leaders set the example for the kids.

Officially, the inspection sheet says neckwear is optional for adults, at the discretion of the unit. In our pack none of the adults wear anything on the neck. In the local Troops who have personalized neckerchiefs for the boys, the leaders generally wear what the boys wear. The general exception being if someone is going through Wood Badge, they wear that neckerchief.

All our leader and committee members wear BSA official shirt, but pushing the complete uniform is a problem in our pack. My husband is 6'10" and switchbacks don't come close to 38 length. I did order some olive green jeans that make him look more official.

My question was more directed at neckware. It sounds like that is totally up to the individual and bolos are acceptable for female leaders/committee members.

I wear the blue/yellow scarf. My slide depends on the theme of the day or my mood. I have lots of slides! My general wear slides are my tree slice w/burned paw print and my turks head.

Hmmm, dart the shirt... I like that idea.

As for neck-wear, I go with the cub scout leader necker along with my woodbadge beads and woggle. Most of the time I'm with the pack.

When I'm with the troop I wear the bolo with our troop seal on it -- hey, they gave it to me! I never even wondered if the gals could wear it.

I nearly always wear the swichbacks these days. They seem to fit way better than those horrid green pants.

Problem is you can't always find the yellow shirt and female tailored (such as they are) pants. The store at my council has some but their hours are council hours and I work. There is a really big scout shop near my work for another council that is a national shop but they did not carry the female versions either. The other local sporting good store has only VERY limited scout supplies-- mostly for the boys only.So you don't always have a choice!!

Ordering does not work for me as I have to try them on-- measured myself for the switchbacks but size according to chart was not correct.

I'm glad I read about the scarf that can go w/ the tan blouse-- I may see if I can find one of those!!

Question here-- My son is a Bear now and I have the DL scarf but don't want to wear that so am not wearing any neck wear but them can't wear my coll slide I made with my old den.

Can you wera the women's scarf for the tan uniform w/ a slide?? And can you wear it as a cubscout or is it just for boy scout leaders?

I don't wear any neckware. I am considering buying a bolo but haven't decided. I am ASM and Wolf leader so half the time I'm not even in the right uniform. I have my uniform fixed for Boy Scouts instead of Cubs. Our last SM (that was female) wore a neckerchief like the boys. I've never paid attention to the other female leaders.

The yellow shirt is not the only "female" version shirt. The tan shirt comes in "female" too. I think that you may be having problems finding the yellow shirt and blue slacks because since the tan/green combo became OK for women Cub leaders, not to many folks wear the blue/yellow any more. Personally, I rather hate that yellow shirt myself. I just can't see tossing it when it still has some more life in it, it's only 13 years old.

The Scout Leader uniform inspection sheet states that - "Neckwear is optional but must be worn according to specifications in the Insignia Guide."

The BSA Insignia Guide has this to say about the Cub Scout leader's neckerckhief -

"Cub Scout leaders may wear the blue and gold Cub Scout leader's neckerchief." and "A Webelos leader wears a neckerchief similar to the Webelos Scout neckerchief, except that it has gold embroidered edging and is larger."

There is nothing that states that the blue and gold Cub Scout leader's neckerchief should only be worn with the yellow/blue combo female Cub leader uniform option. Female Cub Scout leaders can wear the blue/gold leader neckerchief (Tiger or Cub version), the Webelos leader plaid scarf, the blue/gold Oscar de la Renta Cub Scout scarf, the bolo tie, or nothing. These neckwear options are to be worn with BOTH the blue/yellow and the tan/green uniforms.

The BSA Insignia Guide does not state that the green/red/gold Boy Scout scarf is an option for female leaders in the Cub Scout program.

Slides, both official and unofficial, can be worn with any neckerchief.