Looking for Past Official Program Helps

I'm a big fan of the program helps. I'm looking at our pack's program for next year and would like to substitute some past themes. Prior to me becoming cubmaster, the pack didn't use program helps so the themes (both current and past) are new to our scouts and scouters.

Where can I get copies of program helps for the past 6 years. In particular, I'm interested in...

Aug 2004 Scouting the Midway

Oct 2004 It's a Circus of Stars

Regards,

CC

Thanks, Anne. That is a great source. I could take those ideas and format them into pack and den meeting suggestions. I like the program helps format, too, and would like to just copy those if I could. I'll end up using both but would still like to get old copies of the program helps.

Best to you,

CC

Try this link. http://www.bacarrowhead.org/roundtable.htm

Look into the "Informational Packets", once you get past their local council news they have some great stuff. The older Program Helps are at the bottom of the page. If you like the Program Help concept why not stick with what National puts out for next year?

LongHaul(This message has been edited by LongHaul)(This message has been edited by LongHaul)

I buy old "Program Helps", "Program Quarterly" (immediate predecessor to PH) and "Cub Scout Round Table" - title before the Quarterly, from eBay. I have most of Program Quarterly going back to the last 50's.

You would be surprised at the themes that recur, and the games and crafts that have been around for decades!

Thanks for the links. All I need now is Aug 2004 which is in the 2003-2004 cub scout program helps. If someone has that then please send it to my email address in my profile.

In the past my pack hasn't held monthly pack meetings. Often we'd use an outing as a meeting. Which is ok but not the same. Often I'd hear the comments..."What will we do to keep the kids busy?" By using the program helps I think we've proven that the kids have fun with simple games and they LOVE to get in front and perform. You should have seen our Cub Scout Magic night! I've looked at the program helps for 2008-09 and want to supplement them with some themes our kids will like (and the adults will have fun putting together). The program helps are a guide not required but are very helpful. The important thing is to have pack meetings and to have scouts and adults engaged and having fun at them.

Thanks again,

CC