neckerchief slides

We are having a family camping weekend and I am in charge of crafts. I need to come up with a slide for the boys to make. Our theme is "clowning around with Pack # " Any thoughts on how I could use a clowns nose to make a face of a clown to be used as a slide? Or any other suggestions would be welcomed!

Half a small white foam ball. On the back, hot glue the tube from a 12 ga. shotgun shell, the crimped end works to hold it on the necker.

Use jiggly eyes. A small red pom-pon for the nose. Cut the mouth out of colored foam craft sheets. Glue together with elmer's. Hair? Yarn.

I like the ball idea you could get the rolling eyes and do the makeup part along with fuzzy colorful wigs. If no shotgun shells available small pieces of 3/4" pvc pipe will also fasten to necker. just hot glue the clown head to the pvc.

Try a film canister with a face decorated on it

Cut the bottom out to slide the neckercheif through it.

Or you could use the PVC Pipe

Try this, you are doing clowns, how about making little first aid kits out of the film canisters, attach the PVC. and tell the boys to remember, that first aid is no laughing matter

Sorry if that last part did not make sence, been too busy here lately.

"i thought if we got the sponge nose and slit it, then we could pull the necker through. But I am not sure how to make a face out of the clown nose."

OK - First off, you are using the red nose as a red face. Check your local craft store for foam shapes. They might even be sticky backed. Look for small ovals. If you can't find any foam shapes, cut your own out of a sheet of yellow (or whatever other color you like) foam. Glue these on your red nose-head where the eyes would be. Glue google eyes on top of the ovals. Use a small white (or whatever color) pom-pom for the nose. For hair you can use fuzzy, multi colored yarn. Or, don't use hair and just make a clown hat. Take a pipe cleaner of another bright color (I think I have even seen multi colored ones) and coil a piece into a cone shape. Glue this on top of your nose-head. Or do hair and a hat.

You should consider testing out various ways to hold the necker with the nose-head. I think if you just split the nose, it might have a tendency to slip off the necker. Maybe instead of splitting it, poke a hole thru it from top to bottom, or use elastic to tie the open side of the split? Or use another pipecleaner and poke it thru the back portion of the nose-head, bring the ends together and twist them off to make a loop. I don't think gluing a loop to the back will work well, although hot glue can suprise you!

Check your craft store to see if they have clown shaped woodies the boys can color with permanent sharpies as an alternative.

• 1 month later...

OH my GOSH that so cracked me up. Yes, that'd be like telling them they're a broken record -- I made the mistake of doing that to my own son and he asked what a record was. Times times times...

Any-who, I would love to see a photo of whatever version you come up with!