Back in the Saddle

Hi all,

Well for those who know me know the situation my wife and I went through in the cub program. If you dont and are interested to find out look for the thread Asst. CM problems and I have resigned as CM. Anyway as you know I have decided to stay on as A S M in my sons troop. Things have been good and I am happy. As for the wife she has stepped down and finally got away from that sick pack. Things have gone very good a lot less stress in the house and my son has reached First class and has taken Den Chief Training and also, what I am most proud of has been nominated and approved for the OA.

It seems however I just cant get away from the Cubs Scout program. The wife called up council to ask a few questions about our son and the DE asked if she would be interested in helping out with a Pack that is on the verge of folding because of the lack of support of leadership and leaders that are in place but are flying blind. So we talked and came to a conclusion that she should help in whatever capacity she could.

We went to the parents meet to find out what was actually going on. It turns out that this is a much unorganized pack with 4 leaders a CM who is leaving this week and a CC who wants no part of it anymore. A total of 14 children, no recruitment in place there are finance issues and a bunch of other issues. I could go on but I am sure you all get the point. The DE, X-CC, and the X-CM the Bear leaders and the New UC, my wife and I were at the meeting. WOW this is a sad situation I was thinking and the boys they deserve so much more.

At the end of the meeting the new UC and the DE asked us what we thought. As if they did not know HA! We are both back in the saddle again as CM & CC for a very distort CS pack with the goal to build this up and make it a prospering and functional pack again. Pray for us.

What did Michael Corleone say in the Godfather part 3 Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

Y I S EKM

Thanks Folks,

Its going to be a really tuff ride> I am meeting with the x-CM tonight and he is going to hand off what ever stuff he has. I will be sorting through everything over the next few days. My big concern is the awards as is the CC also. I am hoping that there have been some kind of record keeping here and not the throw it in the shoe box type thing.