Elective 7 - Foot Power - Foot Racers

The illustration in the handbook is pretty self explanatory, no? The planks are 1" x 4" x 24" and have four 2" x 2" x 4" strips underneath. Those could be screwed in place if you want to disassemble and reassemble later. Four holes, a length of rope that is cut to size and knotted in place. Voila!

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with 2" x 2" strips. The planks can be cut from a single 8' board. The remaining length can be cut into multiple 2" strips. Stack them (with wood glue) and screw them to the board with screws long enough to reach through both.

Good luck!

I do not see the need to have to take the foot racers apart. They are only 2 ft long. They can be stored and reused with ease.

I have seen a longer variation without the 2x2's on the bottom, using a thicher board, with the knots inset in the bottom so they sit flat, and long rope handles to help pull up.

Either way, these are a great game for learning how to work together as a team.

Yes, the boys are supposed to make the foot racers. That still does not mean they should be taken apart and put together numerous times. What fun is that?

Divide your boys up into pairs and have each pair of boys make a set of racers. Then the teams can race against each other.

You can either keep the sets in your den to use as a team game, or donate them to the entire Pack.