actually had a PWD with no parent complaints!!!!

i am as stunned as some of you are now :) lol

its nice to have events where the only complaint is the parents want to go home after an hour and a half of racing (from round 1 to the trophy presentation) so i guess my title is a little misleading. Every scout got a patch, made their own car neckerchief slides, and some sort of door prize donated by a local auto parts store.

Tell Murphy he can show up at someone else's events with his stinkin' laws - our pack has had enough drama this year :)

I'm stunned too. Congratulations.

I don't normally volunteer at the Cubby-level as my training is at the Boy Scout Level. However, the District needed an extra judge/spotter for District Derby had a glitch last year. The unit that volunteered their spiffy new aluminum computerized track didn't have any volunteers available to set it up and run it for the district event. No one in District had ever used one. So we had to rely on an older wooden track with a little electronic finish line and they needed two spotters at the finish line.

And it wasn't the Cubbies who gave us grief...it was the parents. Let's say that the Tigar Cubs present showed more maturity then some of the parents. And it doesn't take many bad sports to ruin it for everyone. I'm sure many of you have been there before. I'll leave it at that.

Again, congrats on a successful race.

The cubs rarely give any grief... well unless theyre a spoiled little brat who think they should win some award.. sorry that was my outside voice :) We have 1 in our pack that is like that (same one that had a problem at a pack meeting when someone else got an award that he didnt get) but i digress...

I can really vouch for a track with a timer. We had SEVERAL races that were decided by a couple THOUSANDTHS of a second. I dare you to pick the winner :)

we had a right at an hour of setup time for the track and everything. we held it at the mall so that made it a little more difficult to get stuff from the car to the site.

about 90 minutes devoted to check-in time and helping some get the last minute tips.

i think next year we will run the races without interruption - instead of drawing for prizes with tickets - do it by scout name and hand out at awards ceremony. that should save time.

Wow, congrats. I'm really glad it wasn't just my pack that had drama at one time. It's unfortuante that more often than not, you have to publish a 20 page book of rules and regs prior to a race so all questions or potential points of contention are in writing.

Congratulations!

We also just completed our PWD last night wit only positive parent comments! What a joy. We conducted huge fundraiser last year to purchase the two new four lane aluminum tracks. We went with 40' tracks which was probably a good think since we has several cars still only .001 seconds apart even with the extra 8'. The best cars were still running 40' in the low 3.1 and 3.2 seconds range! A note to anyone considering this: The extra 8' does add a significant "build factor" to the race. We had three out of 131 cars DNF because of drag from wheel alignment. We also saw that the lead car at 32' was not always the race winner. Runout mattered alot.

The best part of last night....we ran 131 boys, 4 races each in around 90 minutes! The parents LOVED us for that. Definitely made the second track worth it for us. BTW, just for fun info...our winner had a time of 3.1370 seconds on a 40' track with a scale speed of 203.8 MPH!

I just got back from ours. Time to decompress. We had about 35 scout cars and 25 or so open class. We go a little bit over the top with slow-mo camera's on the big screen adn a car with a wireless spy cam on it for a view from the track, just like NASCAR. Couldn't do it without a computer and electronic scoring tower.

We sell raffle tickets for a bunch of prizes and stuff. We also raffled off a couple BB guns (to the parents). We went about 2 1/2 hours. We had a snack bar set up with plenty of snacks too.

To be honest, we've never had any real complaints, but we keep it loud, boisterous and fun.