I have resigned as Cub Master

I have read your most thread and then re-read it again, mentally replacing "CC" with "my wife". It was an entirely different article! There is a old Taoist saying "Once we strive for importance, we become unimportant" Food for thought.

Genewick4,

Your comment is entirely unfair. Whether you read it with wife, friend, fellow scouter, or just the way it was written, it reads the same...an issue with someone else that could not follow proper protocols. A tail of manipulation by someone and a CO afraid of the Pack falling apart. So say that Ekmiranda is affected out of self importance is entirely unfair. Myself, our current CM or CC of our pack would have reacted just the same. As related, this story shows a Pack with serious issues that are not going to go away with the departure of the CC & CM. The Pack has internal issues that the CO needs to solve, but apparently won't, can't, or doesn't know how. There may be other issues here...there is probably another slant to the story. But for the purpose of this thread, I am assuming the story has been told.

Yes, your quote is very acurate, but there is also a flipside. It is very hard not to take personally something that we have poured our heart and soul into. And this is not always a bad thing. Pride, properly attuned, can also lead us to make improvements that we may not otherwise make. We just have to remember one thing. Everything we do is for God and the boys...not ourselves.(This message has been edited by Pack212Scouter)

"I have read your most thread and then re-read it again, mentally replacing "CC" with "my wife". It was an entirely different article! There is a old Taoist saying "Once we strive for importance, we become unimportant" Food for thought."

It seems that yes indeed you have read and re-read and replaced the verbage to which ever way you like. Thats OK you are intitled to your opioin. But the thing you have not be able to understand is that I am not and never will strive for importance or take credit for anything that I ever do in scouting.( you are talking about a power trip) I guess you have missed the point completly. A good leader never takes credit he gives it to all around him. I have and always will strive for only one thing in scouting and that is to make the program and the experiance for the boys as best as possible. The day that I ask for a pat on the back or say that I should get credit for that is the day that I will walk away completly.

EKMiranda

Ekmiranda,

I'm very sorry of the trouble you went through. I did not read your entire post in detail (because of time and length), but I got the substance of your message.

We live in a world where hate, jealously, lying, etc. are common. Sadly, these sins do occur in the Scouting program among some of our registered leaders. Fortunately, most leaders I know do try to apply the Scout Oath and Law to their lives. Like myself, they make mistakes, but at least try to live what they teach according the Scout Oath and Law.

Please consider staying in Scouting. We need all the truly honest leaders we can get that will influence other so-called leaders that suffer from the "jack-ass" disease.

Dear Gene,

I know posting on the site opens things up to all different types of interpatations. People in general tend to read into things as I also do.

Trust me on this when I tell you what I write is what I mean. There is nothing to read into. Please do not put words in my mouth as that is childish. If I wanted to say wife I would have typed it. Yes the CC is my wife and in the 4 years of running the pack we have never had a problem seperating the to. I we are adults and able to distinguish the two apart.

EKMiranda

• 1 month later...

I think the point that was made about a CM/CC being a husband/wife team is valid. Often, BUT NOT ALWAYS, having a husband/wife team in these positions can cause problems. I believe the story given by Ekmiranda as he has shared it. It is simply good practice to avoid the husband/wife team if possible. It can start too many tongues to wagging.

My husband and I have been such a team in a Pack and it was fine. However, when we became involved with our current Pack and Troop, the husband/wife team was a major problem and prevented the units from growing. Finally, the Charter Rep had to remove the husband from the SM position for allowing inappropriate behavior and they both left.