ACM uniform to Den meeting

I am a new ACM for the Pack, but I also help with my son's Wolf Den to have two deep leadership. The Den Leader does not wear a uniform. Should I wear my ACM uniform to the Den meeting, or would this be upstaging the non-uniform Den Leader. If I were to visit a Den as the ACM (which I plan to do in the near future to all of the Dens), I would wear my uniform. What are your thoughts?

Rob

Rob,

Greetings!

Concur with GoldWinger.

But....What does your pack regularly wear during den meetings?

Years ago, my pack and dens pretty much followed the recommended seven part Den Meeting Plan. Because there may have been wood, saw dust, glue, paint, etc, and during the fall and spring we usually went outdoors and had a game, we proudly wore our Pack T-shirt. Then we wore the field uniform for Pack meetings, ceremonies and other events.

My recommendation....

Does your Den wear a Cub Scout T-shirt or a Pack T-shirt? Then set the example and wear your Pack T-shirt.

Does your Den wear the blue field uniform to Den meetings? Then again set the example and wear the ACM uniform.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv(This message has been edited by Crew21_Adv)

"but I also help with my son's Wolf Den to have two deep leadership."

Maybe I shouldn't ask but..

If the Den needs two-deep leadership??

Why are you an ACM?

For the Pack to charter it needs two leaders for each Den.

It doesn't need a ACM to charter or recharter.

Ea.

I try to keep scouting as simple as possible. Just 3 rules:

1) Safety first.

2) LOOK AND ACT LIKE A SCOUT.

3) Have fun.

I find that wearing the uniform does in fact meet the requirements of rule #2. :^)

With that being said, at every scout activity, the boy is epected to wear up-to-date shirt, pants, belt and neckerchief w/slide.

What I can't figure out on this forum is why so much discussion centers around NOT wearing a scout uniform. I would think that was a given assumption to the scouting program.

And for those who argue costs, I outfitted a boy in full uniform and the most expensive part was the patches. Last night I made a purchase on E-Bay for 5 uniform pants of various sizes and 1 uniform shorts. The total bill including shipping was a little over $16.

Stosh

>For the Pack to charter it needs two leaders for each Den.

>It doesn't need a ACM to charter or recharter.

Actually, Eamonn, the leadership requirements for a Cub Scout pack to charter are:

a committee chair

a Cubmaster

two committe members

*a* den leader (this used to be one den leader for each level -Tiger, Cubs and Webelos - it was changed several years ago).

At one time, an Assistant Cubmaster was required to earn the QU award, but the new CQUA does not require it.

Thanks for all the responses. I was asked to be the Outdoor Activity Chair and then the ACM for the Pack. They are grooming me for the CM position next year. I have been the defacto ADL since September, but was never asked to officially take that position. The DL is an Eagle, so he has the den under control. He is thinking of getting a uniform, but hasn't done it, yet. Each scout in our den has a parent (or two) who is a leader within the pack at some level.

Rob