graphic design for pack t-shirt

Hello everyone! My pack is looking for a new t-shirt design that (1) isn't the same-ol', same-ol' standard cub logo, (2) looks good, and (3) is something the kids might actually think is "cool" enough to wear.

Anyone out there creative/artistic/bored? Or does anyone know of any on-line resources where we might make use of existing artwork?

Appreciate any assitance...

13 years ago, my son's pack had a t-shirt design contest. The committee combined 3 of the designs, one for the front left and the other 2 for the back of the shirt, and that has been the pack t-shirt ever since. The 3 who submitted the winning designs (I think 1 adult and 2 cubs) got free t-shirts.

My current pack uses the same t-shirt design as their associated troop (same CO), just changing Troop to Pack.

Both these are good ideas, but I like the idea of the contest.

Have the contest to generate ideas and pick the best (or combination of ideas to make the best). Then get someone with some graphics talent and a computer to generate the graphics. You probably have a few that could do this. Make sure they talk to your t-shirt printing company first to make sure they know what type of graphics they need and any limitations, such as number of colors.

Pack 378,

That's the supplier that we use. We put design SP69 on a gold t-shirt (long or short sleeve) and sweatshirts (crew neck and hooded). We order them every fall and we are known throughout the Council by our shirts. Very easy to see the boys and they like wearing them. The price is right and we've been very satisfied with the quality.

My son has just about worn his out after only 14 months, it's getting a little short as well. He wears it to school, daycare, camping trips, etc. His buddies see the other Scout shirts from the various Council and District camps he's been to on him as well.

John

Assistant Cubmaster

Pack 13

Shenandoah Area Council

• 2 weeks later...

We've gone thru Classb.com and a local vendor. Our classb designs were SP70 and SP502. Everyone loved them, they were relatively cheap, and the company is fantastic to work with. I called them several times to ask questions and get things straight in my head, and they were all super nice. My Girl Scouts used their sister site getyourshirts.com to order troop shirts for our trip to Hershey.

When we went thru the local vendor, nothing but problems. First, we ordered navy, he got us royal. We went over to screenprint our own shirts, so here we are with 50 people who have just travelled 45 minutes, so we were stuck. Fine, royal is nice, except the GS in our town wear royal, so now we look like GS. Plus he shorted us some sizes. We did this all back in March and we are still short 2 sweatshirts.

BSA is getting quite specific about the requirements for using their logos and trademarks. Suppliers now have to have a license agreement in place w/ the BSA in order to use the graphics. See www.bsalicensing.org

Check and see if your supplier is licensed - otherwise you can get the forms from the site above.