Tracking Programs - Do you use them?

I have just started using TroopTrack. Web based partly because I use a Mac and not all programs are compatible.

I like it a lot. Easy to use, very intuitive. Still under development but has everything I need.

I had one small problem, sent an email and had a response within two hours. They needed additional information and asked if they could call me. They did within an hour and everything was quickly fixed. Can't ask for better service than that!

I am the Advancement Chair for a large Pack. We now have 75 boys and will add new Tigers in the Fall, usually around 25 or so. We do not have an official tracking program, just whatever the Den Leaders are happy with. We have Den and Pack meetings on Mondays, so I require award and advancement orders to me by late Tuesday evening prior to the Pack meeting. I send two email reminders for this deadline and have been successful with this method for several years. I occasionally have to remind someone a third time (IN CAPS NO LESS) and remind them we don't want any disappointed Cub Scouts. Works everytime. I have my information within a couple of hours. I have my own tracking system for record keeping purposes. I think the most important part of this is a deadline. Have one and stick to it.

We are a very large Pack of around 170 boys. Our unit uses the TRAX spreadsheets on the Den level because they are very easy for a Den Leader to use and see where their boys are. Monthly, the Den submits their Trax file to our Advancement Chair who enters the information into PackMaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in my 3rd year of using ScoutTrack for the Pack and it was around another year or two before me. We love it. Ability to have one central calendar is great. We can email dens, leaders or whole pack easily. Best of all is the ability for leaders and parents to sign in, check off what is done for acheivements, belt loops, pins and electives. You can keep attendance on it and it makes a great historical reference for badges earned too. But... it's only as good as the people who use it. Luckily our pack of 120 boys uses it well. I don't know how we'd function without it.