Bear Scouts in Sopranos Finale

I missed it (I was watching the Spurs-Cavs); can you fill me in on the details?

I'm not a Sopranos fan, so I don't need a blow-by-blow of the entire episode, but I am curious how Cub Scouts fit into it.

I think it was trying to add to the "family" atmosphere for the last episode. I don't remember the last time that Tony, his wife and the two kids met somewhere for dinner just them, no one else involved.

Also, I think James Gandolfini (the actor that plays Tony) has a son around the age of a Bear Cub so it might have been a way for Daddy to have Sonnyboy in the show.

I think it was trying to add to the "family" atmosphere for the last episode. I don't remember the last time that Tony, his wife and the two kids met somewhere for dinner just them, no one else involved.

Also, I think James Gandolfini (the actor that plays Tony) has a son around the age of a Bear Cub so it might have been a way for Daddy to have Sonnyboy in the show.

OK, I saw the repeat on HBO last night, and not being a Sopranos fan, I don't have the background & history of all the characters that appeared in the diner in the final scene.

Without giving away any spoilers, I think its safe to say the Cub Scouts really weren't the focus of the scene -- if anything, they were more like background scenery -- their presence didn't really advance the plot (unless of course, there was some connection to a previous episode that I wouldn't know about).

They were very clearly wearing the Bear Cub neckerchiefs and caps; there were three boys and one adult, who didn't appear to be in uniform.

As far as any "Cub connection" that's about all I can say, from a non-fan perspective. It was interesting that they were thrown into the finale, but if their presence had a purpose or reason, it escapes me.

I saw that right away, and my feelings about that is the producer was trying to create a feeling of normalcy to the scene, to create the illusion for the viewers that this family will go on (since there was not bomb at the end of the moview anyway). I was initally shocked at the way the series ended... but oh well it's over now.