Slides.... honorary or disrespectful?

We're getting ready to march in the Memorial Day parade. I LOVE making new neckerchief slides with the boys. We have several "theme" slides now. So last night, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my bucket of army soldier toys. You know the ones- little green plastic army guys. How would they be for slides? They are based on WWII soldiers, which is in large part what Memorial Day is all about. Would they be seen as a tribute or would it be disrespectful? I plan to call the local VFW later today, but thought I would put it out here as well.

I like making slides myself, too. I think it would be neat to have these as slides and I don't think of it as disrespectful. I say go for it!

---------------------------------------------------

Cubmaster Chris

PTC Media

Podcasts by Scouters, for Scouters

Listen at www.ptcmedia.net

---------------------------------------------------

Great idea- as a disabled veteran/combat veteran I give my stamp of approval! I just wish I had thought of it first. And that our troop wore neckerchiefs. And that we had a Memorial Day parade here.

Ed

Well, we went for it! They were a HUGE hit! The boys loved them. Loved loved loved them! And the Veteran's at the American Legion thought they were awesome. I'm so glad for the feedback I got here! Thanks everyone!

Oh, and in case anyone wants to make them for Veteran's day, I'll tell you exactly what I did. I got 3/4 inch plastic clear tubing - like fishtank tubing - and cut it into 3/4 inch rings. (It was $1.39 per foot.) Then we used "Shoe Goo" to bond the army guys to the rings. They seem pretty solid to me. My husband glued them Sunday night, we wore them Monday morning, and none of them came apart. We usually use pvc for slidebacks, but the tubing is clear, so it becomes invisible on the neckerchief, and it seems to grip onto the fabric better as well. They are fantastic!