Pack Roster - Pack Committee or Den Leader?

I am currently a Wolf Den leader and will taking over the Pack Committee Chair role in the Feb '08 when our current PCC bridges to the troop.

Even though I will be Pack Committee Chair, I will continue to be a Bear & Webelos Den Leader.

Do I have to be on the Pack Roster as the Pack Committee Chair or can I continue to be a Den Leader? I assume you can NOT be both on the Pack roster.

Pack Committee Chair is one of a handful required positions when the charter is filled out (along with IH, CM, MC, etc). So, you (or someone else) would have to register and charter as CC. This doesn't mean you can't be a DL (I'm currently CM and WDL), but it does mean that your primary position is considered CC.

HTH

YiS

Michelle

Cub Scout DL Award should not be a problem. Assuming you began in Sept 06, you will be eligible for that one in Sept 07, as it only requires 1 year of tenure. Start your tenure for the Cub Scouter award in September 07 and you'll be eligible for that one in Sept 09. If you want all three, you're going to have to mix and match tenures to get them all in and likely stay with the pack longer than your son will be in in it. For example, you could list 1 year of tenure for the Cub Scouter award from Sept 07 to Sept 08, use Sept 08 to Sept 09 as WDL and use Sep 09 to Sep 10 as the second year for Cub Scouter. I wouldn't worry about it, pick one of them and go from there. Of course, if you have another son coming along later, it makes it a lot easier to get all three.

One Caution: This is from what a friend in a Pack tells me: The internet recharter process requires the unit to input the correct mix of program and support Scouters before it will release the Charter to processing!

I do not know if it will let a CC take a 2d position as a DL.

This is something worth asking your District Committee Membership Chairman!

Yes, John in KC is correct. You cannot register for 2 positions at the same time in 1 unit. Since a unit requires a CC to recharter, you would have to take that position on the charter.