looks great!

How much did the boys do?

How did you get it started?

Do you have real computer-savvy leaders in your troop? or did you do this all on your own?

Some of our boys and leaders want to do a troop website - but none of us have any web-creation experience. I'm probably the most computer-literate - but have never built a website.

Any suggestions for us?

LauraT7

You can use Microsoft Word to design a very basic web page or site, Just save as an HTML, an option in Word.

Geocities has a web page builder that is a step up from Word, with directions on how to build a website and save it to a server (FTP File Transfer Protocol)

Check out the BSA site for rules, it is posted somewhere in this forum but I could not find it. I will keep looking.

Most web developers use tools such as Front Page or Dreamweaver to design and build web pages.

Our council's policy is at www.threefirescouncil.org this will answer some of your question I think.

Most ISP providers allow users to have web sites on there servers.

www.scouter.com will probably be fine, it seems like a small amount of space that is allocated for you, but you can put alot of data in that space including pictures.

dan,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I missed your question!

On weekend camping trips & Camporees we use the #14 dutch ovens. These are much bigger than thte #12's. A patrol can cook a complete dinner (not including dessert) in one. At summer camp, 90% of the cooking is done on camp stoves with cook kits.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1