I am not pictured,

I have been through the Muck hike twice, it wading thorugh mud that will some day, in a thousand years or so be a peat bog.

I have done it twice and dont plan to go this year. You truly do have to throw away the clothes and shoes you wear, they just are past cleaning. But I will be at the showers with the clothes bags, we have 62 scouts signed up and 14 adults for the week.

What I need is a killer chili recipe. I had assisted with cooking the chili in the 3 previous years before missing last year due to the nat'l Jamboree. We never won and the guys who took over for me last year did win. Then both moved from the area, how do I match that? HELP!!!!

OGE, I'm impressed with the number of adults you have. Wow! I think you have more official adults than our troop does scouts!

A few months ago I got to walk in a marsh near the Atlantic Ocean. You don't go where it is deep, but sounds like the muck walk. Most shoes had to be thrown away. The camp had a big shoe rack where you could donate your shoes or pick up a pair that was already dirty. We had one boy that wore expensive boots into the marsh and then wanted to throw them away. I MADE him take them home. I had bought my own son a pair of boots for $7.00, took them home and threw them in the washer. They came out looking fine. The big thing to do at this marsh for the kids is to put the mud on your face --- the boys like the look of it, the girls like the "smooth skin facial" part of it. Guess what? That stuff doesn't just rinse off! One girl had it in her hair and had to SCRUB to get it off. One boy brought back some in a bag for his teacher (how sweet).

OGE -

Your website looks good. I sure like to see another well-run active troop.

Your muck reminds me of a camp we went to in northern Wisconsin that has a cranberry bog. After a ecology hike thru the bog, it ended up in a mud pit at the end. What fun for the boys!

The camp even gave an award each week to the troop that came back the dirtiest and grungiest. The award was a zip loc bag filled with bog!

OGE

I would suggest that the

This web site is currently under construction.

Be removed.

A website should be constantly updated, so it should all which be under construction. Almost a living breathing monster! :)

I would also have your webmaster (is it you?) check national policy. There is only one thing that I saw that did not go along with the policy and it was having the leaders full names on it.

National policy also says that if you have a pitcure of a scout on a website you need a signed okay from the Parent.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with the policy only telling you what I read in the policy.

After all of that, nice site, easy navagtion, and good info.

A very nicely designed and uncluttered site. The pages load quickly. I'd agree with the comment from dan. The "under construction" notice fooled me into thinking there was nothing else on the site other than the opening page.