Daycamp Staff manual

Hello all! Am looking for help here...I recently got back from National Camp School and am anxious to put alot of what we learned to use!! However, there was ALOT I learned that I don't remember our District ever doing...for starters, a Staff Manual...I'd like to make one, but not sure what to include in it...anyone out there able to give me some ideas/tips?

Thanks! I appreciate any & all submissions!

I can email you ours from 2006 if you wouldlike a copy. It is a 31 page pdf. The table of contents is as follows

Training Materials

General Rules

Alert, Weather, Fire Drill

Camp Map

Schedule

Volunteer Responsibilities

Guide to Helping Out

Discipline

Camper Safety/Lost Boy

Youth Protection

Emergency Incidents

Stress Management

Den Guides Briefing

Boy Scout Volunteer Expectations

Volunteer Evaluation

In addition to Randy's generous offer, I would visit with your DE and see what he's been given in his files. EVEN MORE THAN THAT, I would find last years Director and PD and get anything they have.

If you are at the same site as last year, much of what you need to do should already be documented. Really only annual certifications and new program elements should be the hard work.

Cubmaster Randy! that would be very helpful if you could email me a copy of the manual you'll have used in the past....problem is...I'm basically starting from scratch! There never has been a staff manual created, so there isn't anything to refer back to...and the old Program Director has dropped out of sight...no one has seen her in some time...

Thanks again!

Ahar, Thar ye go agin, with the idee of a Cub Scout Day Camp Code. We been thinkin', it be more like guidelines, afterall...ahar.

Seriously, a Manual is a good ides, especially if you have alot of new folks helping, as is often the case in CSDC. It gives you something to point at in training, too. And them that come after you will appreciate the headstart for their turn at the wheel, ahar.

What is your theme this year? They ("THEY") have given us "Land Of The Pharoahs".

Did you hear about the young lady that was studying Ancient Egyptian Plumbing? She was a Pharoah Faucet Major....

YiS, ahar.

Hi cb2boys,

I'm the Twilight Camp Director for our District this year and will be going to National Camp School at the end of April along with my DE and Camp Program Director so I'm just beginning all this stuff myself.

However my DE did drop off two camp manuals from our 2002 and 2005 Twilight Camps and there is a 20 page staff/volunteer manual that I can turn into a pdf for you and e-mail it on Monday. PM me if you'd like it.

It is interesting to see what needs to be included. I'm told that at NCS they will give us about two binders worth of stuff, so that should be fun. Many of the tabs in the manuals I've got don't have anything behind them and I'm not sure why.

Unfortunately for us we will be using a new facility this year, but I'm told that a Troop used it for an activity within the last 12 months. Hopefully that will facilitate the inspection/approval process.

Our camp theme for this year is Space Cubs and I'm sure we'll try to do some kind of water rocket or model rocket launch as the big finale on the last day of camp. At least that will be my suggestion at our next planning meeting. We do 3 evenings and the Webelos camp out the last night and we finish up on Saturday.

The application for NCS indicates they'll be using the Pharohs theme for training. We should have a good rough draft of our stuff by the time we go. I'm looking forward to it.

Hope this helps.

John

Tiger Den Leader

Pack 13

Cubmaster Randy

Didn't get anything from you, tried to PM you using a different thread but no luck. Any suggestions? Anybody else having trouble with the PM function? I've gotten quite a few recently from different threads so I know they are not getting dumped on my end.

LongHaul

Long Haul and cb2boys

I've tried pm'ing both of you and I have checked my bulk folder looking for indirectly sent emails. nothing found. I have been having problems with other features of scouter.com, but I am not complaining

I would post my email address here, but I get a lot of spam from spambots already looking at our district website.

So if you want to look at our district website www.miltonbsa.org and look under the yellow pages for either P2143 or T2143, my contact information is there.

YIS

Randy

• 4 years later...