New Pack visiting an established Pack?

Hi there! Our Pack is still new and our Pack Meetings (from what we have talked with other Leaders at Roundtable and trainigs) sound like we are doing a great job. We are following the examples inthe Program Helps, and also from some websites.

Anyway, we have been invited to see how other local Pack's run their Pack Meetings? Has anyone done this and do you think it's really helpful?

I happen to work with a bunch of Cub Scout leaders, all from different districts. When I decided to be Asst. Cubmaster I asked each of them if I could come and visit their pack meetings. They were running things very similarly but one of them really incorporated chants, cheers and yells. The boys really seemed to love this. I took this back to our pack as well as a few other things.

Anyways, it if you can afford the time it could be worth the visit.

Mr. Bob

A Cub Scouting Adventure - http://acsadventure.com

Scout Roundtable Podcast - http://scoutroundtable.net

Sounds great. Take the CC and the CM. You might see something you want to incorporate. I've gotten some of my best ideas going to other Pack's meetings. Even for older Packs, it not a bad idea. Lots of times we get stuck in the "We've always done it that way" mentality. I find it very helpful to get to see others in action

Sure, Go to the pack meetings, maybe even the den meetings and an outing or two. Just don't bring the whole pack or they might want to stay. I've been doing just that for the last 3 months. The pack my older son has been in for the last 3 1/2 years had a big drop in membership last summer, and our program fell apart when the departing cubs took their den leader parents with them. So I've got my boys attending both the struggling small pack and the nearby large pack, otherwise they'd never get their advancement done. It's useful to see how a relatively well organized pack is run. Both packs were established in the 1940s, but the small pack came within a hair's breadth of not rechartering this year. With some ideas, maybe we can recruit some new leaders and get the small pack back on its feet again.