CS Leader Specific Training question

Are you required to take Leader Specific Training for your your specific postion every time you you change postions?

For example, I took Leader Specific for Tiger Cub Leaders. Now that I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader(Wolf) do I have to take the Leader Specif Training for Cub Scout Leader and then again when I become a Webelos Den Leader?

In our district we do the cub leader specfic for all of the ranks together, then we do a breakout session for each of the ranks to go over the differences. (Tiger, wolf/bear, webelos and CM/CC). If someone is changing position they only have to attend the breakout session of their new position ie CSLS starts at 10am and then at noon they go to their specific breakout. Those changes positions come at 11:45 to go to the noon breakout

Also, each May we have "breakout only" sessions at our May roundtable for those who will be moving up. Works well as the dens graduate to the next level at the end of school which is in late May. That way the leaders are ready

While Randy's description of what his district does is very common, the system is designed with five separate position specific training sessions.

-Tiger Leader

-Cub Scout (Wolf & Bear) Den Leader

-Webelos Den Leader

-Cubmaster/Assistant Cubmaster

-Committee Chair/Member

If your district trains this way, then yes, you need to take position specific training for your current position, in order to be considered "trained". This becomes much more important with the new Centennial Quality Unit Award goals regarding training of 'direct contact' leaders - which includes den leaders.

Taking this training also fulfills the training requirement for the Den Leader Knot.

(Just to lend credibility to the above, I'm our district's Cub Training Coordinator.)