Short Time German Boy

I have a German boy who is just started Scouting in my pack. He will be turning 11 and moving up to Boy Scouts in October. He has been with us for 3 weeks and I would like to present him with an award or something. He has not had enough time to earn anything with our pack. He & his family will be here for the school year as his mother is on a teacher exchange program and they will be leaving at the end of the school year. Him and his family are really enjoying Scout and plan to continue when they return to Germany. His father signed on as an adult leader and has been a great help. I am looking for ideas please.

Depending on the traditions in your pack and troop, the pack could present him with the Boy Scout Handbook, or a neckerchief and slide for his new troop. He will need these for the year he is in the troop. Have a crossover ceremony, even if it is for one Scout. Make a big deal about it. He will remember it for a long time.

Thanks. Great ideas. This is why I come to this forum. The interpreter strip is great. I looked it up and I am going to be able to award the father also. The camping gear is a great idea, I will have a committee meeting next week and will present that idea. The committee will jump all over this as I have a great committee with big hearts. We are doing the Bridging ceremony to the troop as we always do for the leaving Scout. Thanks again,

Yes. A compass. Get one that has a good metal case, take it to your local jeweler and have them engrave the date and Pack number, etc. a short message on the back of the case.

Leupold Co. out of Portland Oregon made a good one of a "handful" size. I don't know if they are still in business, worth some research.

Aufrdersehen! Guten Pfadfinderein!