Recognition patch for boys that have served as Denner?

Hello all,

I introduced the Denner and Asst. Denner program to my Webelo 1's this year. So far, it's working out great. I'm amazed at the effect those shoulder cords have on the boys. As soon as my first Denner and Asst. were elected, they puffed out their chests, and you could tell they were very proud. Both have done a great job this month.

As we approach next month, my Asst. Denner will step up as Denner, and we will elect a new Asst. The kid that has served as Denner for us in September took it so seriously and did such a great job, that it got me thinking. After his term, he'll hand over the shoulder cord to someone else and will have nothing to show that he served as Denner.

Isn't there a patch or something that I can award to the boys that have already served as Denners?

We are letting each boy serve a term of 1 month as Denner, and 1 month as Asst. Denner. We shortened the term to allow all the boys to get a turn. I am still having the boys elect someone. I created a ballot and just plan on removing the names of the boys that have already served each month.

I would really like to give them something as recognition for their time served though. Does anyone out there know of anything? Thanks.

YIS

First off, the word is "Webelos". Do not drop the 's' off it, its incorrect.

National does not make anything for past Denners.

This does not prevent you from doing something. Ideas:

* I would give the past Denner his cords to keep as a memento item.

* create a nice certificate for them. Maybe add a digital picture of him in his uniform with his cords.

* you could easily get a patch made that say something like 'Past Denner' or the like. Put a button loop on it.

"Brag vests and segments? Is the Brag vest the Red vest? If so, most of our boys wear those, but what is a segment? I'm not familiar with that term."

Brag vest is another term for the red patch vest.

Segments. this is a term for a small patch that is worn next to/attached to another patch, never by itself. for instance, you may have a large patch (council patch or a summer camp patch), then wear small segment patches right next to that patch it indicate things like the year you attended that summer camp, or the activities you did in that council or at that camp.

Here are a couple of links to the segments used in the Transatlantic Council: http://www.citilink.com/~blkeagle/tacsegs.htm and http://www.citilink.com/~blkeagle/tapocket.htm

I can't tell you the source for the segments being mentioned. Am not aware of national making them. But the other suggestions are also a possibility. Not sure if they still allow the wearing the denner tab or not (check the Insignia Guide). And denner patches should be cheap/easy to find on eBay.