Bobcat/Tiger Question

This is my first year as a Den Leader and I'm the leader of the Wolf Den in our Pack. My oldest son is a Wolf and my middle son is a Tiger (our youngest is only 10 months old). Since the Tigers from last year didn't earn their Bobcat badges before hand. They are earning them this year as Wolves. So I have two sons earning them and boy is that a bit different.

Not to mention I don't want my oldest to get bent out of shape if his brother is further along they he is or at least that it is perceived that he is further along. The younger brother was exposed to it last year when he sat in on some of his brother's Tiger meetings. They said the Promise and went over the stuff in Tigers last year. They just weren't working on their Bobcat badge yet.

RE. the temporary Bobcat den, no way. For one thing, the older the boy is, the faster he is going to learn the requirements. A 4th grade Webelos might learn them in a couple hours, a Tiger is likely to take several weeks.

A bigger reason is that is puts them behind their peers. Often, den meetings do address rank requirements. This is especially true at the Webelos level, so they could be missing out on things, including some that may be required. Also, if a boy is new, any time away makes it that much harder to become part of the group (it's hard enough as it is). Finally, the fastest way to turn an older cub off would be to put him in with lot of kids who might be 2-3 years younger than he is. This is one of the Cubmaster's biggest challenges, how do you run a pack meeting that is interesting to 1st graders and 5th graders. I can't even imagine having to do it on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

(This message has been edited by molscouter)