Skinny Cub with too many belt loops

What do you do when your son has so many belt loops that his belt won't fit properly? My older son still wore his, even though the number of belt loops caused his belt to be a few inches too big when he buckled it. Imagine the belt all the way around the boy's waist, but the buckled part of the belt sticks out 2 or 3 inches from his stomach.

Do I tell my younger son he just can't wear all his belt loops, or tell him to gain weight(!) or should he wear 2 belts, or drape it across his body like a sash?! I know he won't be happy with me telling him he can't wear all the belt loops he has earned, but it looked so strange when my older son had his belt sticking out away from his body! Younger son will probably do that very thing, if no better idea comes along.

Not sure if there is a happy solution to this problem. There's just no way to fit all the BLs on the belt, even if you get the M/L size belt. My son has started to rotate his BLs - he keeps his favorites on the belt all the time and adds to it as much as possible. We have the belt extended to the last millimeter :-)

But don't stop working on the BLs - some are really fun for the boys to earn. You could also of course start concentrating on the Pins for the BLs he's already earned. Son wears those on his hat!

clyde

Has he tried steroids? (Just kidding!!!!) Wearing a belt loop "bandolier" like the Frito Bandito (is that still politically correct?) would just look silly and would send the Uniform Police to shove him up against the wall to "assume the position". Perhaps the answer should be that belt loops are like temporary pocket patches...much as we'd like to we can't posssibly wear them all and he just needs to decide which are his favorites. Another option might be drill small holes in the back of the beltloop and sew them onto his red patch vest for display.

Get him earning Activity Pins ... and as he earns a pin, encourage him to take a loop off, becauase he's gone farther in the subject :)

No, that is not from the Uniform guidance ... trying to think of pragmatic win-win ideas here.

My son has the same problem. After reading your replies. It got me thinking. Hmmm...You could cut smaller pieces of another belt and sew them on the Brag vest (with the belt loops on it of coarse). One or more across the back on the bottom or one on each side in the front diagonally. That might actually look pretty neet.

Funscout: Glad you like it! I think it's a great idea too. My son likes to show off everything he's earned and I don't think any boy should have to choose which awards they like best. They are all important. After all, they show his acomplishments and he should be proud of himself. He deserves to show them ALL off!

A very desirable problem.

I like the idea of the "extra" belt length attached to the vest...

Here's some other ideas....

*Take'm all and wire them together ala chain mail and wear THAT as a vest?

* Take your Vise Grips and crimp the BL around the shoulder holes of the red vest like shoulder guards. Did that to some of my sons extras.

YiS