Outdoor Pack Meeting Ideas

Is the loss permanent? What is your CO doing to help? One of their responsibilities as a CO is to provide a meeting space.

You can always hold your Pack meetings at local parks. I would make sure there is a good sized covered pavilion in case the weather turns.

A pavillion would be a good idea, as it would keep everyone together. You could make it a big Pack event. Have a wiffleball, flag football, or frisbee baseball game either before or after it.

Perhaps in June make it a BBQ Pack meeting.

Have a scavenger hunt, and have each den present their most unusual find.

Have a campfire at one. Each den does a skit, tells jokes,or sings a song. Have each boy add a line to a story. CM starts the story, and the boys help weave the tale (unless you have large Pack, then it may take too long).

Do a raingutter Regatta.

Fishing(not sure if there is much in Iowa), and have a good fisherman come do a demo and provide instruction.

Some firehouses have conference rooms. Townhall? School gym? Church? (there is a Troop in my town that is mostly Catholic boys, with a Jewish SM that meets at a Methodist church)

Another couple of ideas:

- Squirtgun fight (Coolers filled with water and get ready to get wet. Not of caution, make some rules about size. OUTLAW SUPERSOCKERS! lol)

- We do a Chariot race each year. The dens make a "Chariot" (last year my den made a Mustang GT) out of a cardboard box. One boy rides (WITH A HELMET) and the other den members pull him around a course.

(Shoot me a private email if you would like the directions on how to make them.)