Chartered Orgaization is Broke

Lynda J,

Ownership of the Bank account and the units equipment is dependant on the state that you live in. There is no 1 size fits all rule of unit equipment.

If they let someone seize the assets then they should have fought that issue.

There is no where in the BSA R&R that says the CO absolutly owns the equipment. Its not even in the Charter agreement. If someone tells you that thats what the R&R's say, ask them to show it to you. They won't be able to. We even asked the Puzzle Palace in Irving and all we got was a very non-commital answer. It is all dependant on the property laws of your state.

I talked with the DE. He did some asking around.

If we really want to, we can give our $ to COR to help them out. But I don't see how ~$2k could help, but then we'd be broke.

If they go into bankruptcy, we can keep our property (flags, PC derby track) and our bank account. Which is good.

He also said we'd get to keep our unit number. But I'm not so sure, and it doesn't really matter that much to me.

One thing that I have learned from going through a bankruptcy with a employer is that advice can be quite wrong. So I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched.

If things do not go right, we will have to find a new COR.

MarkS-

If the people in the committee chair and cubmaster positions actually did those things, my job would be so much earlier. I put a lot of work into planning my den meetings, but the cubmaster makes things up as he goes. The committe chair can't even recharter on time. There's way too much not being currently done to contine in this tread.